Friday, February 21, 2014

processed

We welcomed a Food Processor into our home during the Chinese New Year.

The decision was long and hard.

My husband and I spend good hours thinking about whether we should get one.  On one hand, I really don't mind chopping, plus with our peeler, (manual) slicer and good quality knives, food prep doesn't take too much time.

I really don't mind doing things manually.  I bake without a mixer.

My growing frustration came from the hard truth that couldn't mince vegetables properly that would allow me to incorporate extenders to meatballs.

---

A few weeks later, I had not only made beef meat balls but also falafel--two batches.

I've also been able sneak more vegetables into almost anything.   Dishes I make suddenly have extras.

---

This weekend, I'll make chicken balls that are 30% chicken, 70% (natural) extenders.

And I bet, my husband won't mind :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...