Saturday, December 14, 2013

suka and PATTIES

I was on leave yesterday--and what a day it was :)

It is always nice to have an extra day.  Since getting married, things I do during these days had change dramatically.  

I woke up the same time as I do during weekdays.  I watched and talked to my husband as he was getting ready to head to work.  After seeing him off, I tried to sleep some more--by 10AM, I could not sleep any more.

---

I went to our kitchen and set out to do what I had been excited to do since the day before.

Longanisa, the filipino version of a sausage.  

I was using my mom's recipe, only I tweaked it a little bit.  One of the changes I made was to put MORE garlic.   My sister told me that she does the same, adding more garlic. 

Instead of the usual cylindrical shape, I decided I would make  mini burgers instead.  I lined a baking tray with aluminium foil then I used my hands (making this is always so much fun!) and a spoon to make balls.  Each ball went to the tray and I almost immediately flattened it.  

Did I mention that it was so much fun?

I then placed the tray in the freezer and left it there for around thirty minutes.

When it was ready, I took it out, cut the aluminium foil and placed the patties in a plastic container that went back to the freezer.

---

Okay, I lied.  I also made a few typical skinless longanisa pieces.

But it was so boring rolling the meat mixture.  Plus mini patties are cuter ;)

today's breakfast



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...