Sunday, December 8, 2013

introducing some green

the beginning?
We had actually lived in the same area for a few years now (we used to be neighbours), and while we are very familiar with the vicinity--we don't really check things out.

On Saturday, my husband and I decided it was time we did.  Not without an agenda though, as there is a relatively big shop on the next block that sold plants.  We wanted to look at what was available.  

(And grab some brunch too!)

I knew I didn't want to go trigger happy.  I knew I had to see, go home, think, rethink, research then make the purchase.

That being said, there was a specific plant that we agreed we'd get if it was available in the size we preferred.  

---

I swore I could have walked around the whole day.  

There were so many plants that I fancied.  But at the end our our field trip, there was one plant that stood out.  To this minute, I am imagining having it here with us.  

I think that right there, I had already chosen the plant-to-go-back-for.

---

My husband was equally enthusiastic with his find.  He, all smiles called for me.  When I reached where he was, he was pointing at his choice.  

I had to smile.  

I knew it.  

---

We went home with one plant.  

Our first plant.  

The plant we intended to get.

I was surprised on how much difference one simple non-flowering plant made on our balcony.  It felt more comfortable.  Alive.  Refreshing.

---

We have two more plants in mind at the moment.

My husband is excited about his future plant.

And I can't stop thinking about mine.

We've given each other's seal of approval to the other's choice.

---

It is too bad that we can't have a garden--but I am appreciative that despite our very limited space, we are still able to accommodate greenery.

Life is good :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...