Wednesday, July 10, 2013

COOKING monster

I am getting consumed gathering, trying and tweaking recipes for when my fiance and I start living together after our wedding.

The idea that I can control all the dishes at home is empowering for me.  Really.  



That idea had always made me smile a little bit.  Even a lot.

To be fair, in our current household we all "chip in" suggestions when listing out what our menu would be for the week.  And we do take into consideration each person's preference or dietary needs.

When I was still living with my parents, I could always "request" for certain dishes to be cooked.

So it isn't really that I felt powerless to influence food in the past.

---

To be honest I am getting the 'mad scientist' feeling right now.  This moment.  Just thinking about it.


It's near!

(Evil laugh)

---

What are the things I want to cook?

A LOT.

---

I think what really excites me about this is that I can make a my own curriculum taking into consideration skills I want to learn and improve on while churning out food our consumption :)

My fiance pretty much eats everything.  I love how he is expressive about general things including his appreciation of my cooking.  He also makes 'requests'.

I sometimes tweak things so that he would like it more.  There are other times where we have the same main and different sides.

---

I'm keeping this feeling from my mom--for now.  And only because I don't want her to stress herself documenting all her recipes in time for our wedding. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...