Sunday, February 17, 2013

beautiful word

Fiancé.  

Such a lovely word.

I remember having a conversation with my best friend way back, when we were kids acting as adults.  We said that fiancé knocks out girlfriend or wife any day.  Any day.  

Maybe it is the way it sounds.  How the syllables FEE and YAUN  sound low key only to end with a cheerful SAY.  It's a happy ending!

And maybe in our heads what it really means is a promise to love for a lifetime.

---

While I am too excited to wake up everyday beside my someone, I do savour the last leg of our life as an unwed couple.  

There is a high in wanting to be with someone you are not bound to by laws of man and God.  This feeling will always remind me of youth, to which marriage almost seems to be an act of rebellion.

While the lure of being unwed puts up a solid case, it is compelling how I seem to be holding my breath till the day my someone and I are truly us.

---


Fiancé will always be for me, the best sounding of the words girlfriend, wife and even bride. 

To my someone, it is yours that I can hardly wait to be.




1 comment:

Marie said...

Awww! So sweet! So happy for you guys :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...