Tuesday, January 1, 2013

child's play

I had finally secured a 9-inch round shallow pyrex and I can't wait to put it to good use.

I really don't know where to begin.  Part of me wants to make shepherd's pie so that I can use my giant icing decorator my sister got me for the mashed potato on top.  But if I'm being truthful to myself, I really imagined a rich pie sitting on the dish.  Something caramel, sticky and sweet, maybe with nuts.

I am looking forward to cooking more this year.  After we get married, I have more opportunities to experiment :)

---

I'm quite curious how life truly changes after marriage.  I was chatting with a good friend who recently got married and she says that she loves married life and that it still feels like playing house.  I love how she said that, playing house. 

I remember how when I was young and we played lutu-lutuan or pretend cooking, placing flower petals and leaves into miniscule pots--a master chef in a child's mind.  Sometimes I still feel that way when I'm cooking.  I can't help but smile when that certain feeling takes hold of me.  I can't say it is dead on nostalgic, but I would say that that child in me makes me a happier adult.

Playing house.  That is one point for the team that I'm rooting for.  The team that believes.

---


Happy New Year! :)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...