Sunday, June 3, 2012

nuts

I pretty much focused on the colours this time.  Obviously, the white choco chip-with-peanut intention was there but I was more excited about getting the half and half effect.

rose IS red
 Naturally, the first color will be rose  and so I put some few couple of drops into the batter.  It looked red, really.

I was not sure what the other colour would be.

I had green, blue and yellow.

Yellow was out of the equation as the batter was somewhat darker than that, and I didn't want it to look just brown.

violet resulted from blue
I had other plans with the green, so blue it was.  I did expected it to be lighter and darker at the same time, and I'll explain what I mean.

I thought it was light in the bowl,  but when the cupcakes came out, they looked quite dark.

I think I need to read some about colouring food.  Maybe (likely) there are some rules that will yield optimal results.

Here is the the photo of the batter just before the cups were placed into the oven. 

pepsi logo


 I thing my method worked, I was quite happy with the great divide.  You'd notice though that the blue almost looks black.

deep inside I'm blue

 I was too caught up with the half-and-half cupcake that I really was not able to take photos of the horizontal set--I did however, tasted that batch first.

coloured cupcakes

Overall, I am very pleased with the cupcakes, I do have lessons learnt.
  •  Put more batter of the top colour, so that the bottom color doesn't show through
  • Put less (and the same) amount of batter on each container so they don't overflow / crack
  • Get plain cups so they don't clash




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...