Friday, June 1, 2012

light and darkness

The house I grew up in is quite dim.  There are a lot of light sources, must most are warm lights.  Think lamps and spotlights.

It is bright during the day with lots of natural light, but the nights are very different.

I sometimes think that maybe I was more studious as a student if I had a halogen in my room instead of four puny yellow spotlights at each corner.

I remember a friend referring to our home as san mig, a pub in Manila where it was dark and most cushions are deep green--my Mom had a green phase.

---

Perhaps, because of this childhood conditioning, I find myself just opening a lamp whenever I get home.  I hardly use the lights in my room--only when I'm sewing.  Or cleaning shoes.

Lately though, I had been constantly finding myself lying in the dark.  Maybe I am feeling melancholy without know it.  Maybe, it's because the bulb of my my night lamp died on me. 
 
It's the latter.

Yesterday, I tried going to a supermarket to get a replacement bulb, but with so much to pick from, I really didn't know which one to get. 

I thought to bring the actual bulb and seek assistance from the sales person, but it isn't really convenient, is it?

So, I took some photos and with it, I hope to secure the right one.

---

I took some photos using my mobile and seriously, looking at these kinda made me gloomy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...