Sunday, June 10, 2012

Guinness Chocolate Thing

almost reminds me of fall
You won't believe how relieved I was when my Guinness Chocolate Cake came out of the oven looking like this.  Well, obviously not sliced like this.  

There is a long story about this.

First, I had been making cream cheese frosting the past two weeks and when I realised that this recipe called for that, I decided to change it up a bit.

It was more cocoa and brown sugar for me.  I even threw in some bitter chocolate.   I thought that if I made the flavours stronger, I wouldn't need any more icing.

For the first batch, I placed some batter into souffle cups.

Oh my holy horror :(  they looked pathetic.

When I tasted it though, it was moist and chewy--think sticky date pudding.  Ohhhhh yes!

I then knew that I had to bake it a shallow pan, like brownies.

And I was right :)

livin' on the edge
The corner naturally belonged to me.  I ate it hot.  And immediately called my sister in law to give it a go.

She said she especially loved that there was a tinge of bitterness and that it was so chewy.

We joked a bit more about how bitterness makes you enjoy the sweetness more.  And then she ate another square.  And then I ate another two.
"I'll have another"
I think I need to make more soon.  However, I did promise my brother I'd bake something savory for him next.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Sounds yummy! Recipe please :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...