Saturday, June 5, 2010

a single man

Image from here.

I love this movie.

And there are countless reasons why. Where to begin?

First of, Colin Firth was stellar! He had been one of my favorite actors for a few years now, but it is the first time I have seen him at this caliber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every scene looked like an interesting photograph. I also like the color effects. It enhanced the retro styling of the movie.

Styling. This brings me to the costume and make up. And not to mention Julianne Moore's dinner dress. I'd write more about the styling but it's late and I don't want to be up till morning writing this entry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love how the story narrates. Colin's voice helped a lot too.

It tugged something in my heart--and stomach! And although the imagery was very controlled, everything felt very much real.

I was teary eyed ten minutes into the movie--in awe all the way through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if I would watch this as much as 500 Days of Summer, but I know in my book, this is a must see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...