Sunday, June 6, 2010

showcase

I went to a good friend's chinese painting exhibit at the MICA Building. While I've always liked the facade, I didn't realise inside was as interesting too.There were more than a few scrolls on display and maybe two or three framed. My friend would explain answers to my stupid questions while going around painting after painting.I learned that as far as chinese paintings go, I enjoy looking at the elements rather that the composition of the entire painting.

Here is an image of the birds from one of my friend's paintings on exhibit. Among all the paintings on display, there were two elements that I liked most.
I thought this was brilliant. I like how a dab of orange made each image come to life.I thought this was awesome, from afar it looks like one ink blot that somewhat resembles a chick, but at closer inspection you'd see how each shape and curve was--very much, intended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...