Friday, June 4, 2010

(june) 12 going on 30

I realised today that my turning thirty is quite a big deal--for my Mom. She was talking a lot about milestones and pearl anniversaries.

--------------

I had also been asked a lot about how I plan to celebrate this year. Friends say that turning thirty is big.

--------------

I always thought it was big too.

In fact this time last year, I had been thinking of ways to make it memorable. Maybe taking a trip I always wanted to make, getting that thing I keep telling myself I'd buy next time.

The weird thing is that now that it is almost here, I keep thinking that I don't need to do anything. More importantly, I don't really feel like doing anything big, dramatic or extravagant.

To be honest, what I'd like to do is stay home and have a hearty meal with my family.

--------------

I'll turn thirty. That is a fact.

Somehow, I don't imagine myself in my old age thinking "Oh, if only I did that thing when I turned thirty, I'd feel that my life was better lived".

I however, would love to do the things I want to experience regardless of day in the year--or age.

Oh, and I hope everybody is fortunate to have a 30th birthday and the option to make as giant of a fuss or as close to nothing of an event out of it.

1 comment:

Buttaphly said...

Happy 30th birthday! Do what you want with whom you want... just have a good day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...