Saturday, March 13, 2010

(un)becoming

I never had earrings like these, but I always wanted a pair. While I was never really seriously at the lookout, I was pleasantly surprised to find one in an antique silver online store. Imagine my excitement when I found out that they were willing to ship internationally.I was so excited when I got them. I thought the size was perfect. Of course I did have some reservations as these earrings have some weight on them and are actually clip-ons.

Nonetheless, I wore them the first day I had a chance. I thought they were perfect until lunch time.

By noon, I had taken them off because the weight was too much to bear, not to mention that my ears had turned red and maybe I'm exaggerating, but close to bruising.

I put them on again after office hours, thinking that miraculously they had become more usable.

I took them off a little over three hours later.

Everyday is an occasion. Yes. But these earrings are clearly not for all occasions. The question is, for what occasion?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

short-lasting occasions, obviously. i have the same problem: i got some beautiful earrings, but they are just SO heavy. too bad :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...