Tuesday, March 30, 2010

losing him

Over the last two years, a lot of my friends lost their dads. Maybe we are at that age, or maybe these are just coincidences.

I have no idea.

What I do know is that most, if not all of them told me I should find mine.

I didn't. Try to find him, that is.

What I mean is that, he looked for me.

Despite the re acquaintance, I know for a fact that he is still trying to find me, to get to know me--finally. So he could understand what kind of a person I am, discover me.

I used to say that he doesn't know me. And it is true. I bet he would admit to that much. But maybe, before he reaches seventy, he would figure out who his daughter is, if only at (almost) thirty, I'd let him.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

LeighAnn said...

I lost my dad two years ago to cancer. I wouldn't trade one second of our time together. I hope you find yours. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...