Sunday, November 15, 2009

love is complicated

I had a very long trip home yesterday. And the cab driver utilised the time quite well by telling me his story.

He began by saying "Love is complicated, correct (or) not?"

My reply in my head was "Please don't tell me your story. I just want to go home", but instead I said "Yeah.", hoping it would end there.

Guess what? It didn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was married a long time ago, that time he was sure their love would last forever. They would say I will love you forever and mean it. They had two kids and they were happy.

But one day, his wife started to take him for granted. That was the beginning of the end.

They later separated, and this was the arrangement for three years. He begged the wife to reconsider, but she said she was sure and that the decision was already made.

They divorced.

Then as if God intended it to happen, he bumped into an old love. It was a clear sign from the heavens that they were meant to be together--according to uncle. They got together and were very happy.

It wasn't as if any how I find someone and made girlfriend, ya? he adds.

All is well in paradise until the wife decided that she wants to get back together with him. He said that the was through, because the love has died between them (as Neneng would say patay na ang flame), and he had already moved on.

The wife asked the kids to talk to their father. To tell him that they should be a family again and rebuild from where they got off.

He loves his girlfriend, but he has a hard time letting the kids down. He feels likes he owes them.

He sighs.

After heavy breaths, he says Love is complicated. You have no love, it is lonely. You have too much love, headache. So how a?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smile to myself, as I don't see anything complicated here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

patricia, who should have told the taxi driver something like this : "uncle, you talk too much lah. just drive lah." lol

- enteng kabisote

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...