Thursday, May 8, 2014

(i keep saying) yes to my dress

I love the show Say Yes to the Dress.

I enjoyed watching it even before I was engaged, and continue to watch it now whenever I chance by it.

I sometimes catch myself smiling from ear to ear when I see the dress for the bride-to-be.

Sometimes when I watch it, I think about my wedding gown and how much I love it.  In fact, there are times when I watch our Same Day Edit / On the Day photo slideshow just to look at the dress I said yes to.

lace (applique) on tulle on lace on tulle
There are so many things I love about my wedding dress.

First is the colour.  I feel it looks old school without being costume-y.

I always wanted a dress that was cream-to-champagne, but I wouldn't have guessed that it would be champagne lace over ivory tulle over white lace over the lightest beige--almost gold base.

As a bonus the dress looks different depending on the lighting.  Some people asked me if I changed dresses during the reception because 'it looked like another dress'.

stickers?
I love the texture of the lace appliqué, there are even photos where it looked like 'floating lace'.

I had 'sleeves' for church and off it went just before cocktails.

party dress
I think what I love the most about my dress is that despite all the layers, the various colours, it is still a simple dress.

And I love that.

Simple.

1 comment:

Rita A. Gomez said...

I knew your wedding dress would be beautiful before I saw it but I was surprised how wonderful it turned out to be. That dress is one of the best things I loved at your wedding. You looked so elegant and beautiful in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...