Tuesday, December 13, 2011

heartache and lace

You won't believe just how much heartache a certain skirt had caused me.

First off, I had been eyeing it for a long time. Well, what seemed to be a long time. Okay, three months. Max four. I was sure it would eventually go on sale as most items from the online store. NEVER HAPPENED. It is still selling at full price! What triggered the purchase was that it went out of stock (as in someone put it in the shopping basket effectively reserving the item for a few hours) while I was looking. And as any person fearing a loss, I bought it the next time I saw it available (perhaps the person who put it in the basket had better self control and decided to give way).

Second, it was delivered late! I was almost sure that it got lost in the mail and the store would need to resend another piece!

Third, it wasn't what I expected. I hoped for better lining material.

Fourth and perhaps worse of all, was hideous when I tried it on! I have no delusions that it would look better on me than the model with legs up to her armpits, but really, it was depressingly ugly :(

It is is not just the length, that was just one of the issues. It was fitting around the hips, but loose around the bum and thigh areas and tapered at an awkward angle midway through the calves.

----

I set it aside for a couple of weeks. I really didn't want to deal with the disappointment.

I needed time.

----

Last night, despite my body (from yoga, not the skirt) and head (from too much reading, not the skirt) aches, with Empire State OST on the background I fitted, pinned, stitched--basically, prepped the skirt for an aesthetic operation.It was a simple adjustment, especially if you take into consideration how much work I put adjusting jumpsuits! I am quite pleased with the finished product too! It suddenly looks like how an envisioned it to look--on me.

I didn't even need to adjust the length.

Well, maybe not quite with the lining. But such is life, we need to accept things that we cannot change :)

2 comments:

Nubian said...

I love the fabric. How does it fit now?

tracy gomez said...

I'm quite happy with the fit :)

It is now something I am excited to wear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...