Sunday, November 6, 2011

mello yello

It had been a very long time since I sew anything from scratch. When my mom came over to visit bringing a small trolley filled with jersey fabric, I knew the universe was telling me that it was time to pick up the hobby again.

I could not count the times I had the idea to sew something, but because I hardly go to the fabric store, I end up just forgetting about it.

Luckily, the inspiration to come up with something yellow--and in jersey, came almost as soon as I saw my stash.

Today, the insipration materialised :)

-----
I woke up knowing that today was THE day. No surprises when I ended up wearing it this afternoon! I was just too excited.

I initially intendended to do a royal blue and yellow colour blocking. And I was almost ready to go when I thought "Snow White!". I was not about to go out wearing that--not this close to Halloween, at least.

So I opted to go as a hard boiled egg yolk. When overcooked. Gray and yellow.

-----

On our way home, the person I'm with said "Wow. Your skirt is quite bright in the dark". Yes. It might as well be, the light that led us home.

3 comments:

Nubian said...

You are so incredibly talented. Love the color combination.

tracy gomez said...

Thanks. Such nice things to say :) i did sew another skirt on monday but it is still being washed, so no photos yet.

Unknown said...

i love this yellow! well my fave color is yellow and purple but that would make you a walking ube-nangka hihi! love love the skirt and your curves :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...