Tuesday, March 1, 2011

isn't it a wonder (woman)?

Fine. I realise that the photo is useless as it doesn't really show off the color, which is the topic of my entry. Maybe I'd post a better one when I have my camera with me.

Coral color reminds me of my mom. Growing up I'd see her put this lip colour in the car with one hand and the other holding the wheel.

I always thought it was a funny color, whether for clothes, food, wall papers, what have you. It seems like a shade that is not... natural to anything. Except perhaps, cough syrup.

When this lip shade became popular again I wasn't sure how it would pick up. I don't really pick make up based on trend alone so I was so sure I won't get one. And I can continue referring to it as my mom's color.

And perhaps because of this, I just assumed that it is not flattering on me.

-----------------------------------------

With the Wonder Woman make up collection coming up, it seemed like an appropriate time to get comic--y.

I picked up the most unlikely shade and tried it on, hoping that it would repel me...then, I'd walk away.

Fail.

Spitfire backfired.

I NEVER thought I'd say these next two sentences.

I LOVE THIS SHADE.

IT IS VERY FLATTERING.

-----------------------------------------

Mothers know best ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...