Tuesday, March 25, 2008

She smiles

As I am a bit of a creature of habit, everyday I buy the same thing for breakfast from the same place. It is ran by Chinese sisters, or I would think they are since they look somewhat alike. I have become very fond of the one with a round face. Without miss, everyday, after I point to the egg, she would smile, look at me, and then say egg. I think it is possible that it is one of the very few English words that she knows, her claim to being multilingual. When she smiles, I can’t help but smile back. She has a very likable face.

Today her evil looking sister was serving, I was disappointed because I would not see that smile and hear the demure murmur of egg.

Luckily, when I was nearing the queue, the one with the round face comes to assist the evil sister. I smile. I point to the egg. She smiles. She says egg.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...