Sunday, March 30, 2008

Born to be barefoot

Every time I wear rubber flip flops for a few hours, without fail, I end up damaging the skin on my feet. I think I may be the sole person experiencing this. For every style, there is a corresponding gash pattern. It is not very convenient for me.

When I was a kid, I was always walking barefoot at home, whenever I go out to play, my nanny insisted that I wear rubber shoes. I tried more than a few times to introduce the habit of wearing slippers, but somehow it never stuck. I would end up leaving my slippers in different areas of our house like the toilet, my room, under the table in our main dinning area, by the island in our kitchen, our living room, under the bed and other unexpected places. My nanny usually ended up spending most of her time looking for my slippers rather than looking after me. Needless to say, I eventually gave up trying. I accepted that I was born to be barefoot--indoors.

I know it is a long shot, but as my yoga instructor would say, I should listen to my body. Maybe it was my body's way of saying that when outdoors, I am meant to wear 4-inch pumps, stilettos, painful boots, impossible platforms, anything but rubber flip flops.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...