Monday, April 6, 2015

books and breaths

It is April and this is only my third post. 

Funny thing is that my writing mojo isn't amiss or anything, I just...didn't write.


---

The past year I had been randomly reading yoga books--and these books aren't the kind you stay all night up for to get to the end.  These are those books you read one page of, then need a month to apply the theory so you can read the next. 

As yoga is a journey, I truly do not know how long it will take or how many times I'd need to read these lessons.

Even now when I see the trail of books at home mostly partially read, it doesn't discourage me.  It in fact, reminds me that there are many aspects of yoga, thus the book pile.

What I do know is that after years of hearing (not truly listening) the teacher in class, I finally am able to get it into my head, heart and mind how important breath is.

Breathe.  Don't forget to breathe.

This is as common as traffic lights in highways as it is in yoga classes.

I find that I am always reminded. 

Create space. 

Send your breath to where there is tightness.

Strong breaths.

---

I truly do not like 'measuring' how far I have gone in terms of my yoga journey.

But I can say that my awareness and mindfulness of breath had helped me dramatically.  The change may be one millimeter visually, but inside--within me, I feel the shift.
 
Alignments suddenly happen and I began to feel new "muscles" or areas that perhaps were not being energised before.

---

There are still days when I seem unable to do any poses.  And this is something I need to accept and respect.

Perhaps, these are the days I ought to focus on just breathing.  Nothing else.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...