Monday, September 8, 2014

my one and OILY you

I told my husband that somehow, I had become a hippie.

That was me, exaggerating.  

It did not happen overnight, and I am still somewhat surprised with the number of natural treatments I embrace.

Tea Tree Oil.  That is what I use when I have insect bites, minor cuts and pimples.  We literally never run out of this at home.  It is the second most used oil in our home.

Rose Hip Oil.  I had stopped buying night cream for more than two years now.  A few drops of Rose Hip Oil on my face before heading to bed.  That's it.  

Peppermint Oil.  Lately I have been using a lot on this during that horrible time of the month.  Ladies, you know what I mean.  

Lavender Oil.  This, I put on the soles of my (and my husband's) feet at night.  It is supposed to help you sleep better at night.  Placebo?  Maybe.  But I love how it smells!

Baking Soda.  I use this for everything--the most obvious is for baking ;) but I also occassionally use it as an exfoliant, laundry soap, silver polish and... shampoo!   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...