Sunday, August 17, 2014

señorita french toast

ba-na-na & cheese french toast
with walnuts, french vanilla almonds, maple syrup
As I was asleep before 9PM last night (yes, feeling feverish still!), I was up early this Sunday morning.

I looked at my sleepy husband and asked him if he wanted breakfast.

"Yes!  French toast!" he said with his eyes half closed and a smile on his lips.

---

Thirty minutes later, I put this in front of him.  He is now wide awake and ready to eat.

---

In the past, whenever I made french toast, it was the traditional way/ingredients.  Ever so often I'd put some cheese, making it savoury.  I like the creamy, stringy texture too!     

Today came in with extras.

Bananas were actually just sitting on our dinning table waiting to be eaten, these are that of the small variety called señorita.  I like to call them baby banana too :)

The nuts were part of a haul from an online store my husband's friend recommended.  

For breakfast, I was just obvious, they all had to come together!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...