Sunday, August 10, 2014

finally home

one day pancit will come

Ever since we got our beloved aloe vera, I had been thinking of what would be next for us.  

We wanted to pace ourselves buying plants--like everything we have in our home right now.  It would be too easy to suddenly have a forest.  

I wanted a plant that would contribute to the kitchen; and look good too.  Chilli and Calamansi were the finalists.   

The Calamansi won.  For not only does it look and smell good, it is also my favourite Filipino ingredient!  I kid you not; when my cousin who moved to Canada told me that the thing she misses the most from home was Calamansi; I FELT THE PAIN.  Truly.  

What is pancit without calamansi?  SAD.    

---

We are looking to welcome another plant into our home--when I find it.

There is a particular orchid variety that I WANT, but can't find to purchase.  There are a lot of VERY similar ones, but I am truly willing to wait for the one that takes my breath away.  I'm patient that way :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...