Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(out of) reach

There is one yoga pose that I always felt that I am hopeless at, at the beginning of that pose I always always get dizzy.

One instructor told me that it was an emotional pose. And that the reason behind my inability to go even halfway through into is that I refuse to let go. He said that I shouldn't be so determined to keep feelings at bay. Hmmmmm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emotional. Not really a word that could be used to describe me. Maybe I'm doomed to sit and breathe while everyone else are in their camel positions. Forever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like attending classes conducted different instructors. Each one focuses on different things. It was not uncommon for me to discover things that I am doing wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, the instructor talked about fear. She said that the only reason anyone couldn't do the pose is fear. I wanted to say "what about a bad back?", but I don't want to be banned from class.

I thought (Jester, be with me here) "I may be a lot of things, but I am not a coward". (Horror movies and ghost stories not included!)

So I leaned back, bent back, reached back, and was suddenly in full camel position. For two sets. With the rest of the class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is strange how I don't feel any more emotional :-p

3 comments:

Unknown said...

bravo! i admire ur courage.. ganun pala un.. hmm.. so if i can't reach my toes while sitting, what does it mean? i still don't know when i'll have d courage to go back to yoga :/

tracy gomez said...

hey, no big deal. i think camel is one of the easy ones. nako, i could never reach my toes, even as a kid. kailan kaya?

what's wrong? traumatised?

Unknown said...

sabi nila you'll be able to do it after some time.. i never did haha! support team ako sa work, so i don't wanna waste my money on bookings that has 60% chances on being cancelled. but i would love to go back, i really need those breathing exercises, esp. now that my bosses are really pain in d a**!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...