Saturday, October 20, 2007

Mediums please

I have switched to Marlboro Ultra Lights since I moved to Singapore almost three years ago. Yesterday, while I was in front of the 7-eleven counter, I saw a Marlboro Mediums pack and decided to get it instead of my usual.

It reminded me of that time when I was starting my college education, it was a time when Php 500 would be enough to buy dinner for two at T.G.I. Friday's and TGIS meant a very popular show in channel 7. It also meant carpool, quarter pounders and caramel sundaes, that gold bracelet with a heart charm, my giant piggy bank, Baskin-Robbins in Town Center, "happy berday" cakes and banana breads.

Scents, feelings, specific weather, and as I recently discovered, cigarettes remind me of spefic moments, or even a period of time. While I am not one to dwell on the past, I find myself feeling extra happy to have a flashback--even for a just split second and surrender to the nostalgia attack.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...