Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Getty

I'm so glad I made time to visit the Getty. While there is not as many finds art wise for me, I must say that the place is so beautiful.A tram leads you from the drop off point to the entrance of the museum.
I swear the entrance smelt of Magnolias and Lavender!Everywhere you look you'd find something pretty to look at. I especially like how they hung fragments of artwork from the high ceiling.While taking a break from walking and standing, you can find a couple of areas where you can observe people...or, observe people observing people.While there were more famous paintings there, I was so happy to see a sketch that I recognised immediately :) I didn't even know it was there!The viewing decks are spectacular too.In fact, I love the viewing decks more than the actual view--which was LA traffic, framed.

4 comments:

Nubian said...

Strelitzia native flower of my home country and it was my father's favorite. I love them, brings a lump to my throat every time I see one.

tracy gomez said...

Lovely plant. Where I grew up, we call it "birds of paradise". I remember my nanny telling me stories about this flower when I was a child :)

Unknown said...

very nice photos :) very nice place!

tracy gomez said...

I can just hang out here all day! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...