Sunday, February 24, 2008

mekaniko?

I was sewing again today, when suddenly my machine started to malfunction. The jagged surface that pushes the cloth fell under the supposed level causing the machine to "choke" on cloth and thread. This was damaging the cloth and potentially, the machine's needle.

After a few more tries, I grew frustrated and started to cry.

I don't usually cry over trivial things, can't quite figure out why I was such a baby.

A few sobs later, I investigated on the issue at hand. I realized later that it was a mechanical issue because I could hear and feel physical movement when I switch between settings of the dislocated component.

I took out some tools and operated on my machine. With pliers and a screw driver, I opened the machine to check how things worked inside.

I later discovered that the knob pushing the lever to raise (or lower) the "cloth pusher" had a loose screw, resulting the lowered position. I did some tightening and some cleaning too. I also made a mental note to google on how frequently I need to oil the machine.

After putting the machine back together, I gave it another go, and nearly clapped my hands when it started to work perfectly again! After all the sweat and tears (literally), I was able to fix my little toy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

naks! plan to change careers? galingan mo magtahi ha :-) email us samples of your creations ;-)

tracy gomez said...

Thanks! :) Medyo madami nako nagawa, yung dalawa nasuot ko na :) Sige I will take pictures tapos i-post ko.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...